This morning was one of THOSE mornings. Fruit overripe in the fruit bowl. quick breakfast needed for my twin 15 year old athletes, scurrying about the house trying to gather their sports equipment, school books and lunch., I wanted to give them a warm breakfast, something is really fast and out the door yummy. Just received a bag of Enjoy Life’s new 69% cacao chocolate chips. I’ve been wanting to try it. After all, something with just two non GMO certified ingredients makes me a happy person. I decided to grab this inspiration recipe from my dear friend Mimi, and add just a bit more protein for my athletes. These mixed up with in 2 minutes and I have them on the griddle for less than 5.
Poof, Banana Cashew Pancakes were created.
This is absolutely a school morning breakfast. It’s a treat at the same time, very subtly sweet from the bananas, protein content is good and I as my daughters say they are yummy.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup cashew meal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pixie dust
- preheat your griddle
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl.
- Add egg, cashew meal, olive oil and pixie dust.
- Beat till one even color
- Spoon out ¼ cup portions onto prepared griddle.
- Cook till bubbles form and pop.
- Cook another minute,
- Serve with jam or syrup if desired.
- If you want chocolate chip pancakes, scatter a few on once the batter is poured.