Another Sunday, my children think of the best waffles combinations.. This whole grain version was inspired by some wonderfully ripe organic bananas in the fruit bowl. They can easily be nut free if you leave out the walnuts.
|Recipe: Banana Teff Walnut Waffles||
- Makes 6 waffles in round waffle iron
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup teff flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 T brown sugar or honey
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 cup California walnuts – finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 3 T oil
- 1 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup yogurt-dairy, soy or coconut
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 2 Bananas- smashed
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Beat together wet ingredients.
- Stir together both sets of ingredients.
- Bake in prepared waffle iron per its instructions till golden brown