My daughters are truly amazing young women. They were invited to a Harvest festival today at their school which should be lots of fun with games, a bouncy house, cider pressing and a cake walk.
And although they won’t get to eat a single one, Thursday we made these using a Bob’s Red Mill Chocolate cake mix. I whipped up a batch of my favorite frosting.
- ½ cup (1 stick) of organic unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 pound of Gluten-free powdered sugar (if you want white frosting do not use organic powdered sugar, it comes out beige)
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Beat butter in mixing bowl till light and fluffy.
- Add sugar ½ cup at a time and beating well after each addition to incorporate
- Once all the sugar has been added, beat in vanilla.
- The frosting might be very dense with all of the sugar added, just keep beating
- Beat in the cream.
- If the frosting is still a bit stiff, feel free to add a bit more vanilla or cream.
- Let the frosting sit for a few minutes to truly absorb the cream. Beat till light and fluffy.
- I used Wilton's paste colors to dye the frosting. They are all GF.