Once it gets hot in Bellingham, the salads of summer are far more appealing.
This one has includes a spicy-as-you-wish peanut sauce and whatever vegetables you have around.
Perfect for all those bits and pieces.
This can be vegan by subbing in tofu cubes or cashews for the chicken.
|Peanut noodle Salad with Chicken and Vegetables -or not|
- One 14 oz package wide rice noodles
- 2 chicken thighs- cooked and diced
- one small zucchini- cut into small slivers
- 2 carrots- shredded
- 1 small red onion- cut into slivers
- 1 batch [url href=”http://www.gfdoctorrecipes.com/peanut-sauce-gluten-free-vegan/”]Peanut Sauce[/url] or [url href=”www.gfdoctorrecipes.com/sunbutter-sauce/”] SunButter Sauce[/url]
- 1/2 cup water
- Boil a large pot of water.
- Add rice noodles
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or till a noodle has no white line of uncooked starch when you bite it.
- Rinse with cold water till the noodles are cool. This allows the noodles to stop cooking and removes the outer starch.
- Stir together all the sauce ingredients together till you have a creamy sauce.
- Pour over the noodles.
- These noodles will continue to absorb the sauce while it chills, so if there seems to be too much, just chill it a bit.
This is one recipe where the proportions are more important than the actual recipe ingredients. Feel free to use what you have to complement the peanut sauce and noodles. I’ve used leftover steak, shrimp, tofu cubes- but not at the same time, to add a bit of protein. Use slices of snow peas, daikon radish or red radish, just about any vegetable works.