Burnished leaves of yellow, red and orange contrasting with the pine trees.
Pumpkin fields scattered with orange orbs and children running from one to the next with squeals of joy.
Scattered orange flags dropping from cedar trees soften the pathways through the woods on a walk with my dogs.
Orange is the color of fall.
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin- pureed
- 2 cups milk ( I used Almond milk)
- 6 apricot halves- minced
- ¼ teaspoon red chili pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a soup pot.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with [url href=”http://www.gfdoctorrecipes.com/maple-pepita-brittle/” title=”Smoky Maple Pepita Brittle”]Smoky Maple Pepita Brittle[/url]