Dumplings, gluten-free dumplings
Even the name is evocative.
Tender little puffs on top of a steaming bowl of broth, who cares if the soup is chicken or vegan.
- 200 grams 1 ¼ cup minus 1 teaspoon [url href=”http://www.gfdoctorrecipes.com/whole-grain-flour-mix/” title=”Whole Grain Gluten-Free Flour Mix”]whole grain flour mix[/url]
- 60 grams ½ cup minus 1 tablespoon [url href=”http://www.gfdoctorrecipes.com/white-flour-mix/” title=”White Flour Mix”]white flour mix [/url]
- 10 grams 2 teaspoons golden flax seeds-ground to a fine powder
- 5 grams 1 teaspoon chia seeds- ground to a fine powder
- 2 grams ¼ teaspoon psyllium seeds
- 12 grams 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 grams 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon vitamin C powder or lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons buttery shortening or butter
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup unsweetened milk of your choice (rice, soy)
- Combine flours, seed powders, baking powder, baking soda, vitamin C powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Stir till one color.
- Add butter, using your fingers or a pastry blender to smear the butter into the flour till it resembles sand.
- Beat the egg and milk together
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir well
- Using a scoop or two spoons, drop tablespoon sized blobs onto surface of [url href=”http://www.gfdoctorrecipes.com/chicken-and-dumplings/” title=”Chicken and Dumplings”]boiling soup.[/url]
- Cover the pot,
- Reduce the heat to a simmer
- Cook for 9 minutes (no peeking) then check for doneness with a toothpick.
- When inserted into the center of a done dumpling, the toothpick comes out clean.