Dumplings, gluten-free dumplings
Even the name is evocative.
Tender little puffs on top of a steaming bowl of broth, who cares if the soup is chicken or vegan.
- 200 grams 1 ¼ cup minus 1 teaspoon whole grain flour mix
- 60 grams ½ cup minus 1 tablespoon white flour mix
- 10 grams 2 teaspoons golden flax seeds-ground to a fine powder
- 5 grams 1 teaspoon chia seeds- ground to a fine powder
- 2 grams ¼ teaspoon psyllium seeds
- 12 grams 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 grams 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon vitamin C powder or lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons buttery shortening or butter
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup unsweetened milk of your choice (rice, soy)
- Combine flours, seed powders, baking powder, baking soda, vitamin C powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Stir till one color.
- Add butter, using your fingers or a pastry blender to smear the butter into the flour till it resembles sand.
- Beat the egg and milk together
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir well
- Using a scoop or two spoons, drop tablespoon sized blobs onto surface of boiling soup.
- Cover the pot,
- Reduce the heat to a simmer
- Cook for 9 minutes (no peeking) then check for doneness with a toothpick.
- When inserted into the center of a done dumpling, the toothpick comes out clean.