Honey Toffee Crispy Rice Ball Recipe
Author: Dr. Jean Layton
Recipe type: Cookie, Gluten-Free
- 1/4 cup organic light brown sugar- packed
- 2 tablespoons local honey
- 1 tablespoon organic butter
- 3 cups of Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
- Combine the sugar, honey and butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Let the mixture melt and heat till there are small bubbles forming.
- Continue to cook till the mixture starts to brown.
- Remove from the heat.
- Immediately add the Crispy Rice Cereal.
- Stir till each grain is coated in the toffee mixture.
- Let the pot cool for 1-2 minutes till you can handle the mixture.
- Form the Toffee coated Crisp rice balls into bite sized balls.
- Place each one on a cookie sheet to finish cooling.
- Wrap in a twist of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Tie the ends of each ball with ribbon if you like.
- Makes 16
- Quick notes
- These are the perfect thing to stir together for a gathering.
- If you desire a different taste treat, use 1/3 cup maple syrup instead of the brown sugar. Bonus it makes them refined sugar free!
- I like to add a 1/4 cup of coconut, chopped nuts or chocolate chips occasionally. Feel free to mix in your favorite
Recipe by Gluten-Free Doctor at http://glutenfreedoctor.com/honey-toffee-crispy-rice-ball-recipe-for-the-holidays/