National Pie Day is today.
Yes, I know it isn’t 3/14.
But the American Pie Council says that it is today, and who can argue with them?
This gluten-free blueberry crumb pie was actually made for my husband last Friday as a congratulations for getting through a very busy week at work. We have so many things in the juggle right now.
We are making a local move into Bellingham from Sudden Valley.
Our office will be moving within Bellingham by March 1st.
So it will be a bit quiet here for a couple of weeks.
Time to bake a pie and enjoy!
- 112 grams (1 stick) butter- softened
- 5 grams (1/2 teaspoon)cinnamon
- 2 grams (1/4 teaspoon) salt
- 75 grams organic cane sugar
- 75 grams whole grain flour mix
- 125 grams walnuts- chopped finely
- Frozen blueberries to heapingly fill the pan
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup sweet rice flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel grated.
- pinch of cinnamon
- One batch [url href=”http://glutenfreedoctor.com/pie-crust-with-egg-gluten-fre/” title=”Pie Crust with Egg- Gluten-Free”]pie crust with egg[/url] or [url href=”http://glutenfreedoctor.com/nectarine-roses-for-gluten-free-ratio-rally/” title=”Nectarine Roses – Gluten-Free, Dairy Free, Gum Free Pie Crust”]vegan[/url] or [url href=”http://glutenfreedoctor.com/gluten-free-butter-pie-crust/” title=”Gluten Free Butter Pie Crust”]butter crust [/url]
- preheat oven to 425
- roll out pie crust to fit pan, fluting the edge decoratively
- Stir together the filling mixture,
- Pour into prepared pan
- Stir together the crumb mixture, till it holds together well
- Place blobs of the crumb mixture over the blueberries, making sure to leave some gaps
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes
- Reduce oven heat to 350 and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
And if you want a few other options for pies, try these:
Kate McDermott’s new Gluten-Free Vegan pie crust
Carol Kicinski’s Gluten-Free Pie Crust
King Arthur’s Gluten-free Pie Crust