I wanted a simple, quickly mixed and fast to prepare muffin for those school mornings.
This one fits the bill.
By combining the dry cereal mixture with the milk, then allowing it to sit for a few minutes, you alleviate the crunch of uncooked grains but retain the nice toothsomeness.
Feel free to make it dairy free by adding a 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice to the milk of your choice in place of the buttermilk.
If you have some already cooked leftover cereal, just reduce the milk to 1/2 the amount. These muffins will be more tender but very tasty.
- 1/2 cup Mighty Tasty Cereal (Bob’s Red Mill) dry
- 3/4 cup sour Milk or Buttermilk
- 1 large Egg
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Sweet (Sticky) Rice Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Optional: Add one mashed banana or 1/2 cup of berries to the batter
- Mix Mighty Tasty Cereal and milk
- allow to stand for 20 minutes while preheating oven and assembling other ingredients.
- Beat together egg and oil.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Stir all three mixtures together only until mixed.
- Spoon into paper lined muffin pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.