A simple mocktail for the holiday season, it’s Cranberry Mojito’s for all. Non-alcoholic mojito cocktails that is.
Non-alcoholic and incredibly simple to make by gathering quality ingredients- organic cranberries, organic limes, organic mint-lucky for me I still have a vibrant plant outside.
Combining these with a bit of organic Cane Sugar syrup from Hey Shuga! to stand in for the rum,
and a big splash of sparkling mineral water.
This is one of my favorites, so light and clear.
The cranberries give just enough tartness and a bit of color too.
Getting ready to make cranberry mojitos, non alcoholic., a photo by GFDoctor on Flickr.
Ingredients for a non alcoholic mojito a photo by GFDoctor on Flickr.
- 1/4 organic lime
- 10 mint leaves
- 10 cranberries whole
- 1 tablespoon [url href=”http://heyshuga.com/”]Hey Shuga[/url] cane syrup or 2 teaspoons organic cane sugar and 1 teaspoon water (boiled together)
- ice cubes to fill the glass
- sparkling mineral water
- Muddle the cranberries, mint and lime in a cup or cocktail shaker.
- Pour over ice in the glass.
- Fill glass with sparkling mineral water.
Muddle is a funny term for smushing the fruit and herbs, allowing their essential oils to be released. If you have a cocktail shaker, then feel free to use that.
I used a coffee cup with the back end of a butter knife to do this one.
The all organic cane sugar syrup from Hey Shuga! gives this mocktail a round full flavor. You could make your own of course but it is a lovely addition to a home bar.