Final @piecamp pie. Peach #gluten-free #dairyfree @piecamp, a photo by GFDoctor on Flickr.
Camp is such a fun time, Now imagine one where baking pies is the main focus. That is where I have spent the last four days, Pie Camp with Kate McDermott.
I got to teach about gluten-free, and gluten-free, dairy-free pie dough plus prepare the breakfasts each morning. More Recipes will follow, but enjoy this picture of my final pie Peach Pie Gluten Free Dairy free. Made from Frog Hollow Farms Peach in a gluten free dairy free crust.
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 3 Large Peaches or 4 smaller- washed but not peeled
- 2-3 tablespoons of pastured butter.(optional) (I love Organic Valley)
- 1 batch of gluten-free, dairy free pie crust
- Divide the pie crust into slightly uneaqual halves.
- Rollout the slightly larger piece of pie crust between plastic sheets floured with tapioca flour to overflowingly fit a deep pie pan.
- Gently place the pie crust into the pan, don't get worried if it breaks a bit, just patch it.
- roll out the the smaller piece of pie crust to at least the size of the pan plus edge.
- Place both back into the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Combine the flour, sugar and spices in a deep bowl.
- Stir together till one color.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice the peaches into wedges without peeling them directly into the bowl.
- Toss gently to coat each slice in the flour mixture,
- Place the filling into the prepared pan.
- Dot with butter if desired.
- Cover the filling with the second piece of pie crust.
- Cut decorative cuts into the upper crust to allow steam to escape.
- Place completed pie into preheated oven.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350.
- Bake an additional 25-30 minutes till pie crust is browned and you hear a Thump, Thump from the boiling fruit.