When I’m looking to make a very quick lunch, into the back of the fridge I dive to pull out this tasty peanut sauce.
Combined with rice noodles, shredded chicken or tuna, and lots of fresh vegetables, this lunch will keep me happy and well fed for a busy afternoon.
- ½ cup peanut butter (I used fresh ground organic but the jarred one works too)
- ½ cup sesame seeds or tahini
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup gluten free tamari
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 slice of fresh ginger the size of a quarter- or larger to taste
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place the sesame seeds (if using) into food processor.
- Allow the machine to break them down to a paste
- Add remaining ingredients
- process till smooth.
- Use at once in Chicken Peanut Noodle salad or store in refrigerator for one week