Overindulging this week, pulling the strands of history from recipe boxes.
Making our family favorites,
Our Thanksgiving gathering is small, just us four for dinner.
We’ll have some friends joining us for desserts.
Even though we’ll be a small group for dinner, our table will still be abundant.
Gathering from our favorite farmers for dinner makes dinner so much fun.
Theses beets are from Roslyn at Rabbit Field Farms and the recipe couldn’t be simpler.
I made these today to give them a chance to marinate before Thursday.
- 2 bunches of beets
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- preheat oven to 350
- Cut off the greens from the beets and reserve for another recipe
- scrub the beets well
- place on a cookie sheet
- Bake for 45 minutes then check to see if they are done by inserting a knife in the center
- If the knife goes in without resistance, remove from oven and allow to cool
- peel the beets, removing the long root end as well.
- Cut beets into even sized pieces.
- Splash with rice wine vinegar.
- Cover and allow to marinade till serving.
- If you are holding the salad for several days, remember to stir or shake it up daily.