We have hit those long hot days of summer around my house.
When they hit, the idea of standing over a stove goes right out of my head.
Salads become the go to meals for lunch and dinner.
Most of mine get topped with some California Avocados. They are such a nutrient dense fruit, I keep them on my dining room table fruit stand as often as I can find them at the store.
I wanted a bit fancier dressing for this salad though. I gathered the cucumber and tomatoes from my own garden and wanted to respect their freshness.
Thank goodness for quick and easy.
This Pink Peppercorn Avocado Dressing recipe comes together in under 5 minutes.
- 1 ripe California Avocado
- Pink Peppercorns
- Salt (optional)
- Remove the pit and skin from the avocado.
- Place in bowl and mash with a fork. I like to leave a few chunks, but feel free to make it smooth.
- Add as much yogurt as you have avocado
- Add a bit of dill (I used 1/2 teaspoon for my dressing)
- Add 1/4 teaspoon or more pink peppercorns. I crushed half and left the others to provide a bit of crunch.
- Stir together and serve over salad greens, roasted chicken, chickpeas or anything else you can think off.
- My daughters finished off the bowl with Taro Chips.
I received free samples of California Avocados, Yipee! Since they are one of my favorite foods, I’m entering a recipe contest sponsored by California Avocados and am eligible to win prizes. I was not compensated for the 5 minutes it took to make this dressing.