I love crumbles, slumps, crunches and such.
Combining fruit at the peak of ripeness with a bit of oats and a touch of sweetness makes for a great breakfast.
Plum and Pluot Crumble.
This crumble was created as a dessert option for my CleanThrive- Elimination Diet group.
When you are avoiding all processed sugars, all processed grains- the options for dessert are a bit tricky.
I love how the coconut sugar enhances the flavor of the oats, with a nuance of caramel added in.
What is a pluot, you ask?
Simple, it is a cross between a plum and an apricot, with the best of both fruits reflected in its tart and tangy flavor and tender flesh.
They are abundant in late summer, fresh from the trees of California.
Like all stone fruits, they are bet within a day or so off of the tree, when a light squeeze meets minimal resistance.
The crumble topping is wonderful on all sorts of fruits like pear and apple. So if you can’t get your hands on plums or pluots, feel free to mix it up under the crumb.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat.
- Stir together the oil, oats, sugar and spices.
- Stir together the tapioca flour and additional sugar.
- Slice the fruit into 4 individual ceramic or glass bowls.
- Sprinkle with the tapioca flour mixture
- Top each with one fourth of the crunch mixture.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes till the oats are browned and the fruit bubbling.