I’ve owed this post to my CleanThrive attendees for over two weeks. Eek!
But patients and pie camp have gotten their time in my focus for the last couple of weeks.
The ever so patient class members asked for a simple crumble. One that shows off the beauty and flavor of seasonal fruits without cloying sweetness or gummy fillings.
This recipes is the result of that request.
Just fruit at the peak of ripeness, these plum crumble ingredients are from Frog Hollow Farm in California.
As I was leaving Pie Camp after 4 1/2 days of carbohydrate heaven , I grabbed one of each, a plum and a pluot, thinking I would have a wonderful snack on the home.
What is a pluot, you ask?
It is a cross between a plum and an apricot. But don’t listen to me talk about it, check out Alice Water’s understanding of just how wonderful a ripe fruit can be in the NY Times.
Tender and tangy, they are one of my favorite fruits.
Somehow I managed to resist their charms as I traveled. Perhaps it was the scent of peach pie cooling in it’s box on the floorboards of my car.The fruits made it home to become this lovely little crunch.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat.
- Stir together the oil, oats, sugar and spices.
- Stir together the tapioca flour and additional sugar.
- Slice the fruit into 4 individual ceramic or glass bowls.
- Sprinkle with the tapioca flour mixture
- Top each with one fourth of the crunch mixture.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes till the oats are browned and the fruit bubbling.