Plum cobbler gluten-free just about to go in the oven, a photo by GFDoctor on Flickr.
“The Word Plum”
The word plum is delicious
pout and push, luxury of
self-love, and savoring murmur
full in the mouth and falling
pierced, bitten, provoked into
juice, and tart flesh
and reply, lip and tongue
- 5 cups sliced plums
- 1 cup sugar or less if your plums are very sweet.
- Biscuit topping
- 83 grams ½ cup white flour mix
- 55 grams ⅓ cup whole grain flour mix
- 13 grams 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- 5 grams 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- optional but wonderful
- 1 teaspoon Coarse (Demerara)sugar
- preheat oven to 425
- stir together plums and sugar
- Place plums into baking pan
- stir together till one color all dry ingredients
- pour in the cream
- stir till the batter morphs into a dough with a bit of stiffness
- Place balls of the dough atop the plums making sure to leave gaps for the steam to escape.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake till well browned 35-40 minutes