Sometimes you just want to have a simple pork chop.
Finding one that has been healthily raised on a pasture can be difficult. So much of the pork available in the United States has been raised in situations that do not enhance their health.
That is why I really appreciate the database of Eat Wild. By clicking onto the picture of your state, you can see where to find the healthy pastured pork that satisfies.
cooking it well is the next step
- 1 pork chop per person
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- Rub both sides of the pork chop with salt and pepper.
- Bring the pan to a high heat, a drop of water should sizzle away within 15 seconds when ready.
- Place pork chop into the pan
- Sear for 3 minutes.
- Flip and sear for 3 more minutes
- Using an instant read thermometer, cook till the center is [url href=”http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/25/dining/porks-safe-cooking-temperature-is-lowered.html?_r=0″]145[/url]
- Remove from the pan and make the gravy