Another of my quick Gluten-Free dinner posts.
This one is so incredibly easy, it almost doesn’t need words.
First make sure to choose a great pasta. Mine was Jovial Organic Brown Rice Penne
Then the greens. We adore Kale around my house so that was our choice but the Rainbow Chard would work just as well. I tend to pick up a bag of these greens whenever I just haven’t had the time to harvest from my garden. No excuses to not include greens in a meal, Cut N Clean are even washed.
Finally, I gather the sausage from a local source. Hempler’s is a Ferndale Washington based manufacturer. No nitrates, no nitrites in these tasty treats. My family loves spicy so the Andouille was our pick, feel free to use Italian or Keilbasa if you would like a less spicy version.
- 1 package Jovial Brown Rice Pasta
- 3 Hempler Andouille Sausages- cut in half and then into bite sized pieces
- 1 Bag Cut and Clean Kale
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil (optional)
- Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
- Cool pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, reserving 2+ cups of the cooking water.
- In same pot, while the pasta remains in your colander, place oil (if desired) and sausage.
- Cook sausages till well warmed and beginning to brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bag of kale,stirring.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes till the kale wilts.
- Add back the pasta and as much of the pasta cooking water as you need to create a thin sauce on the pasta.
- Serve immediately, sprinkling with parmesan cheese as you wish.