Recipe: Lemon Herb Butter Sauce
Summary: I use this sauce on almost anything from vegetables to pasta. The real trick it to never get it truly hot or it will separate, unless you add the secret ingredient.
- One organic lemon
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick ) unsalted organic butter- cut into pats
- 1 clove garlic minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- Secret ingredient- 1/2 teaspoon of sweet rice flour
- Wash the lemon, then grate off the peel.
- Cut the lemon in half, squeeze out the juice, removing all seeds
- In a small pan, warm the butter till you can just beat the butter into a smooth paste.It should not be melted!
- If you want garlic, add it to the pan now.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the lemon peel, thyme and lemon juice.
- Hold the sauce at room temperature till you want to serve it.
- Reheat to bring it back to the soft spreadable stage before patting it on your vegetables.
If you are concerned about it melting, feel free to add the sweet rice flour. This fine flour will keep the butter in suspension . I tend to vary this sauce quite a bit by selecting other herbs like sage, basil, and rosemary
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 8
Copyright © Dr. Jean Layton-GFDoctor.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Doctor Recipes.