Recipe: Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Summary: Brussels Sprouts are teeny tiny cabbages, bacon makes a lovey accent.
- 4 strips of thick cut bacon
- 2 pounds of Brussels Sprouts- washed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch Black pepper
- pinch salt
- Lay bacon slices onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or till well browned.
- Drain the bacon on paper towels.
- Chop into small squares and reserve.
- Drain off the bacon fat, but do not wipe it off.
- Lay the Brussels Sprouts cut side down into the residual bacon fat.
- Roast for 15 minutes, checking that they are well browned before flipping over.
- Roast another 5 minutes.
- Toss the Brussels Sprouts with the maple syrup, pepper, salt and bacon.
Vegan Version: Yes, this can be made without bacon. You can use olive oil instead to roast the Brussels Sprouts. Feel free to add just a bit of orange peel with the maple syrup.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 12
Copyright © Dr. Jean Layton-GFDoctor.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Doctor Recipes