Anything cooked over fire is guaranteed to make him happy.
Maybe it is that caveman instinct to preserve the kill.
Perhaps its just that smoking a piece of meat means he gets to putter around a fire for hours and hours.
No matter, whenever he smokes a pork butt, this is the final step.
Ed tends to use a combination of applewood and oak for his fires. Feel free to mix it up with your available wood.
The Smoked Almonds recipe really couldn’t be easier but I’ll tell you anyway
Author: Dr. Jean Layton
When my husband spends the day smoking a pork butt for dinner, he always finishes the process with this recipe. Feel free to mix up the nuts and seasonings
- 2 pounds of raw organic almonds. We use this brand
- 3 tablespoons rice bran oil
- Salt to taste
- Garlic powder optional
- Chili powder to taste
- Stir the almonds together with the oil till well coated
- sprinkle with seasonings
- Place in grill basket
- Smoke for 30-45 minutes or till you can’t resist anymore
- Restrain from eating them all in one sitting.