Back to the rush to school routine.
Sometimes, I want to make a scone treat for our girls. They work so hard to excel at school, music and sports.
These are so quick to mix up that I can bake them fresh for breakfast. Making them mini is part of the fun, but also allows them to bake more quickly. Having them full of healthy sweet potatoes and apples means I don’t have to apologize.
Double Bonus for my twins.
- 300 grams [url href=”http://www.gfdoctorrecipes.com/whole-grain-flour-mix/” title=”Whole Grain Gluten-Free Flour Mix”]whole grain flour mix [/url]
- 175 grams [url href=”http://www.gfdoctorrecipes.com/white-flour-mix/” title=”White Flour Mix”]white flour mix [/url]
- 30 grams organic cane sugar
- 10 grams baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg (or sub out pumpkin pie spice mix for the two spices)
- one pouch 4.2 ounces [url href=”http://www.earthsbest.com/organic-baby-food/baby-food/puree-pouches/2nd-foods”]Sweet Potato and apple[/url] babyfood.
- 250 grams heavy cream
- preheat oven to 350 degrees(180 C or gas mark 4)
- Line a baking pan with a [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008T960?ie=UTF8&camp=213733&creative=393185&creativeASIN=B00008T960&linkCode=shr&tag=gf005-20&qid=1348254851&sr=8-1&keywords=silpat ” title=”Silpat”]silpat [/url]or parchment paper.
- Stir together all dry ingredients till one color.
- Add baby food and heavy cream.
- Mix together till no dry areas remain.
- Scoop out mini scones onto prepared pan, leaving a 2 inch area around each for spreading.
- Sprinkle with extra sugar if desired
- Bake for 15-18 minutes till golden brown. If you want to make full sized scones, then 25-28 minutes.
- Remove from the pan after removing from the oven.
- Allow to cool before eating.
Their tiny size is created by using a mini ice cream scoop but you could use two spoons instead, clipping off a ball about 2 tablespoons at a time.