Back to the rush to school routine.
Sometimes, I want to make a scone treat for our girls. They work so hard to excel at school, music and sports.
These are so quick to mix up that I can bake them fresh for breakfast. Making them mini is part of the fun, but also allows them to bake more quickly. Having them full of healthy sweet potatoes and apples means I don’t have to apologize.
Double Bonus for my twins.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees(180 C or gas mark 4)
- Line a baking pan with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Stir together all dry ingredients till one color.
- Add baby food and heavy cream.
- Mix together till no dry areas remain.
- Scoop out mini scones onto prepared pan, leaving a 2 inch area around each for spreading.
- Sprinkle with extra sugar if desired
- Bake for 15-18 minutes till golden brown. If you want to make full sized scones, then 25-28 minutes.
- Remove from the pan after removing from the oven.
- Allow to cool before eating.